Release scripts support

Hello,

currently MAAS supports custom scripts for testing and commisioning.

I would like to have the same support/functionality for the “release” API call in order to be able to perform custom testing/wipe/cleanup during release of server.

Regards,
Igor

1 Like

What’s the use case? Is there an example of behaviour you’d like for release time?

We would like to be able to augment current secure wipe process with additional scripts for erase and testing of servers during release.

Machine commissioning API call supports parameters:

commissioning_scripts (String): Optional. A comma separated list of commissioning script names and tags to be run.
testing_scripts (String): Optional.

Such parameters support for the MAAS release API call would be a perfect fit.

Regards,
Igor

My use case is that, during releasing I can deallocate IP address from ipplan and DNS on legacy infrastructure. During deployment, I’m using set of scripts that register IP on ipplan and creates A<->PTR records.

I’d like to release these resources during releasing. I can hack disk_erasing.template but that’s not elegant. We also don’t want to delete disks during release because of FC LUNs mapped to a server.

That is fantastic suggestion - there should be release scripts same as there are commisioning and testing scripts. Until that happens- possible workaround:
Post-release ‘testing’ and use a testing script which ‘tests to make sure everything that needs to be is released’

Regards,
Igor

1 Like