MAAS 2.8 UI taking ~50 seconds to open baremetal information

I’ve fixed the issue for searches starting with a number, which will get included in a future 2.9 release. In the meantime you can try searching with “hostname:123name-here”.

We’re investing the issue loading machine details pages.

Does it any way to fix it on 2.8? I mean, I’m looking to keep the version 2.8 until the 2.10 be ready.

Apologies for the delay @djairdasilva I’m waiting to find out if we can make these changes in 2.8 and when we’d be able to release them.

1 Like

We could really use this in 2.8, as well, for essentially the same reasons as @djairdasilva.

I’ve made these changes for 2.8 which I believe will make it into 2.8.3.

Thanks @huwshimi.

Do both issues been fixed on 2.8.3? I mean the slow to open the machine and the search issue?

Kind Regards,

Yes, they should both be fixed. Let me know how it goes for you.

Thanks for that.

Hope that this fix doesn’t break systems with more than 2k machines like version 2.9.

When I did the upgrade to version 2.9 something break and I did receive ‘no item with pk: machine_id’. It makes me do a rollback to 2.8. It did make me do a rollback to 2.8.

Kind Regards,

Yeah sorry about that, I tracked down that bug and it should be fixed as well. I’ve made that fix in 2.8 and 2.9 so 2.8.3 and the next release of 2.9 should both hopefully work for you.

Thank you very much.

Waiting for the release 2.8.3 to upgrade it soon. I’m using APT installation with ubuntu 18.

Kind Regards,

MAAS 2.8.3 pre-released for user testing covers the changes and has instructions on how to upgrade to the candidate release. Would be good to confirm if the fix helps you.

The good news is that machine details now load in around 15 seconds. The bad news is that the machine details tabs are gone (e.g., Machine Summary, Interfaces):

We have tried this in multiple MAAS instances on multiple region controllers, tested with multiple clean browsers and users v. admins. Still looking for a problem on our end.

Thanks very much for letting us know, I’m investigating now: https://github.com/canonical-web-and-design/maas-ui/issues/2293.

Hi team, @pjonason I saw that Maas did merge the fix, do you confirm if ir works good for you? Just waiting for the confirmation to upgrade from my side.

be careful updating to 2.8.3 as a UI user - https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1917372

This is fixed in 2.8.4 (the only fix!) and we’re working hard to ensure 2.8.4 doesn’t regress other things before we push it out to the stable channel and 2.8 PPA.

If you need a fix sooner, as usual, it’s in ppa:maas/2.8-next and 2.8/candidate channel for the snap.

Thanks @sparkiegeek, Iooks better wait for 2.8.4 once my environment is production.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Looks much better in 2.8.4. Now looking/waiting for it in the stable channel.

1 Like

looks bad to me… when I did enable the version 2.8.4 I did get another bug related the ip allocation that probably was fixed in the version 2.8.5, but I’m unable to test the version 2.8.5 for now and I saw some related regarding the issue persists in the version with the fix. @sparkiegeek or @huwshimi Would you help me on this?

my problem is related this one…

Just to let you know guys, I was able to upgrade to 2.8.5, I’m now able to deploy machines, but the PXE needs to be as auto-assign, as DHCP fails with the same AUTO IP issue. The problem here is, our 1k machines deployed are configured as DHCP in the PXE and we can’t change it. During the reinstall process it will fail causing problems for us. Would you please help to create another fix to prevent that the deployment will not if the PXE interface is configured as DHCP?

Thank you so much, the slowness and the search issue have been fixed and we are happy to have this fix in place, thank you so much for the help until now.

@sparkiegeek @huwshimi

Hi @djairdasilva thanks for trying out 2.8.5 - I hope you saw we released 2.8.6 which should address this issue.

So sorry it took us a few attempts.