MAAS 2.5.0 (RC1)
We are happy to announce the first release candidate for MAAS 2.5.0. This release also introduces several bug fixes for stabilization and general improvements.
MAAS 2.5 introduces several features. Most notable ones include:
- Proxy all communication through rack controllers
- High Availability - Region to rack communication no longer requires VIPs
- KVM - Networking support
- ESXi deployment support
- CentOS / RHEL - Storage support
- UI - Re-designed machine listing page
- UI - Re-designed KVM host utilization
For more details, please refer to:
Most notable Issues fixed in this release include:
- LP: #1800518 - [2.5] If maas-dhcp is disabled for a VLAN (and using a external DHCP), MAAS continues to provide URLs using external DNS
- LP: #1801152 - lldpd-capture commissioning script times out when system clock is updated
- LP: #1801491 - The two default Ubuntu repositories should not be deletable by maas cli
- LP: #1802390 - [2.5] Race condition during reconnect can cause websocket to crash and repeatedly disconnect
- LP: #1782801 - [2.5, 2.4, UI] Removing a specific cache set prompts user to remove all cache sets
- LP: #1793478 - [2.5, UI] Allow deleting a rack controller (over the UI) that’s the only one providing DHCP for a specific VLAN
- LP: #1798476 - [2.x] DHCP HA - Configuring a secondary DHCP server when primary is dead, results in DHCP not answering requests
- LP: #1799862 - deadlock in maas_run_remote_scripts.py
- LP: #1800524 - [2.5] MAAS doesn’t set yum proxy for CentOS
- LP: #1802255 - NTP is not configured on ESXi deployments
- LP: #1802379 - [2.5, regression] Incorrect sudoers entry causes active network scanning to hang
- LP: #1803188 - [2.5] Commissioning results in an alias interface automatically created
- LP: #1758965 - [2.x, enhancement] No way to disable apt sources (deb-src)
- LP: #1775490 - [2.5, 2.4, UI] Error as a notification in machine actions
- LP: #1798467 - [2.5b3] Providing scripts (e.g. shell/python) as user_data for ESXi (for post deployment config) don’t get run on first boot.
- LP: #1800483 - virsh driver creates unusable disks in LVM pools
For a full list of bug fixes, please refer to the following milestone link.
MAAS 2.5.0 RC1 is available for Ubuntu Cosmic & Bionic and can be installed from our PPA as follows:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:maas/next
sudo apt install maas
NOTE: To ensure users are given enough notice, MAAS 2.5 will superseed MAAS 2.5 in stable PPA (ppa:maas/stable) within a week.