Upgrade to 3.5.0 from 3.4.3?

Hello there,
It seems that my MAAS instance was upgraded to 3.4.3 automatically. So MAAS will perform an auto-update for patches, is this correct?
Should I manually upgrade to 3.5.0 at this moment?
Many thanks!

Hi @maasuser1

If you are using snap, then all updates happen automatically (by default) for selected (tracked) channel.

With no further options, the snaps are refreshed to the current revision of the channel they’re tracking, preserving their confinement options.

So if you installed MAAS with snap install maas --channel=3.4/stable then only 3.4.x versions will be automatically updated. It is also possible that you didn’t specify channel during your initial installation and in that case snap picks up channel that was configured to be default back then.

Updating to 3.5 is something that you need to do on your own via snap refresh maas --channel=3.5/stable

(Altho things should usually go smooth, I encourage you to make backup of your data)

Channels are an important snap concept. They define which release of a snap is installed and tracked for updates.

You can read more about channels here

2 Likes

Just a small addition: you can manage automatic updates by following https://snapcraft.io/docs/managing-updates

1 Like

Thank you @troyanov @r00ta

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.