Update ip address for vlan on controller MaaS

Hello,

On my platform lab, we use MaaS server and Juju to deploy OpenStack. Maas is in version 3.1.0.
On MaaS, we have a controller with some vlans interface and ip addresses configurated.
We would like to modify a vlan interface on the controller, juste delete ip address for this vlan.

Is it possible or not ? If yes, how can we update this configuration ? We read docs and did some research but nothing that works.

Help could be very great for us !

Best regards,

Mickaël

You can do that but I find MaaS will auto populate the subnet if you leave it blank. You can even delete the subnet but MaaS will typically create a new subnet on it’s own. If you don’t need the vlan then I would just delete it.
You might have an extra one or it seems like an extra one but likely there is a Fabric that you don’t have any device attached to but since you mentioned openstack you likely have several LXD containers running as a result this space will have the lxdbr0 bridge attached to it. I have this as well and I can do whatever I want to the subnet but the fabric and vlan cannot be deleted. You can however rename it whatever you desire.

hey, @mikeindo, did @dracozny’s suggestions help you? if not, what remains to be resolved?