Unremovable pop-ups

Discourse loves to pop up information to tell me how to use the UI. I need an ability to turn this off, since the popups cover UI elements and cannot be closed.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 11.38.50 AM

I’m using Safari and no amount of clicking okay, hitting ESC, or any other action will make this popup go away. No amount of window resizing makes the the UI elements available to me.

Ah, I thought it was just me! Ubuntu 22.04, Firefox 131 browser.

You might have to check your settings (see at the bottom of the screenshot “skip new user tip…” )

I’m very glad to hear that there is a setting for me to disable. But I have clicked through every element of the UI, and I have no idea how to get to the page shown in this screenshot? There are no hover-over descriptions of the icons, but I’ve clicked every one and none of them mention Settings nor show me this page :man_shrugging:

EtA: nevermind. Click your face/profile icon and then roll down below the list of notices and click what appears to be an expander to show you more notices… it actually delivers you to the larger settings screen shown in your screenshot. Then I found this setting under the Interface page…