I’m fed up strugging with MaaS trying to figure out what is the good way to add a bond to a machine.
Here is my setup :
- I have one MaaS server apparently correctly setup with a default untagged lan whose doing pxe (not routed)
- I have some (routed) vlans that I can add
- I have a few servers in Ready state with 2 NICs both attached to 2 stacked switches.
When I just deploy a machine with only 1 interface configured (let’s say NIC1) with no bond (with or without adding a vlan on the interface), everything work just fine and my machine is fully deployed and functionnal as expected.
When I try to create a bond, it seems the network never comes up.
I tried different settings like :
- checking both NIC and click on “Create bond” then just leave everything as is (active-backup, pxe subnet with IP auto assign, same settings as what I did with only 1 NIC)
- configuring LACP (with its switch counterpart of course), no more luck
- tried to let both interfaces in standalone mode and add vlans on top of them then bond those vlans … still failure
I’m out of ideas right now, does anybody have any clue ?