Second disk for lxd

ubuntu@ubuntu-hdd:~$ lxc version
Client version: 4.0.7
Server version: 4.0.7

So, this is the issue. LXD 4.0 doesn’t support custom block volumes, so it ends up creating a volume of “filesystem” content_type, which is not seen as a disk.

Would it be possible to upgrade LXD and try to compose a new VM?

I have upgraded it to the latest lxd version 4.17 and it fixed.
So would you please let me know which version of maas does not use LXD 4.0 then I would install that version for future?

I’m not sure I understand your question. Is using LXD 4.17 an issue for you?
MAAS 2.9 can work with LXD 4.0, but it doesn’t support composing VMs with multiple disks.

I’m sorry if I mislead you.

LXD 4.17 works fine and addressed my issue but the problem is that by default maas 3.0 installs lxd 4.0 on baremetal.
Is there any specific version of maas that installs lxd version greater than 4.0 which works with multiple disk? or I have to update lxd manually?

I see what you mean, I didn’t realize you were actually deploying the LXD server from maas.
So, you’re right, that’s a bug, I’ve filed one (https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1941050).

In the meantime, the workaround would be to manually upgrade LXD to a newer version (you could also do it at deployment time by runnning something like snap refresh lxd --channel=4.17 from a user data snippet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.