PXE Boots not happening after upgrade to 3.3

Hi!

Yesterday I upgrade maas snap from 3.1 to 3.3-stable.

I believe that PXE boots are broken. I am trying to comission a test server and the last deployment keeps coming up, plus I dont see any PXE booting message in the UI, which I believe I saw before.

I have searched for the dhcpd log file and it is empty:

Wrote 0 class decls to leases file.
Wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file.
Wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to leases file.
Wrote 18 leases to leases file.
Listening on LPF/eth0/XXXXXXXXXXXX/vlan-5001
Sending on   LPF/eth0/XXXXXXXXXXXX/vlan-5001
``
Plus, I don't use any VLAN 5001. 

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I can also see that the component “proxy” is failing to start:

2024-01-05 11:38:55 maasserver.region_controller: [critical] Failed configuring proxy.
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/snap/maas/28524/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 700, in errback
            self._startRunCallbacks(fail)
          File "/snap/maas/28524/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 763, in _startRunCallbacks
            self._runCallbacks()
          File "/snap/maas/28524/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 857, in _runCallbacks
            current.result = callback(  # type: ignore[misc]
          File "/snap/maas/28524/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1750, in gotResult
            current_context.run(_inlineCallbacks, r, gen, status)
        --- <exception caught here> ---
          File "/snap/maas/28524/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1656, in _inlineCallbacks
            result = current_context.run(
          File "/snap/maas/28524/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/python/failure.py", line 489, in throwExceptionIntoGenerator
            return g.throw(self.type, self.value, self.tb)
          File "/snap/maas/28524/lib/python3.10/site-packages/provisioningserver/utils/service_monitor.py", line 354, in restartService
            yield self._performServiceAction(service, "restart")
          File "/snap/maas/28524/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 1660, in _inlineCallbacks
            result = current_context.run(gen.send, result)
          File "/snap/maas/28524/lib/python3.10/site-packages/provisioningserver/utils/service_monitor.py", line 564, in _performServiceAction
            raise ServiceActionError(error_msg)
        provisioningserver.utils.service_monitor.ServiceActionError: Service 'proxy' failed to restart: ```

Hi @rvallel

could you please upload the full logs of the regiond somewhere so that I can take a quick look?

@r00ta I sent you a link.

I have been investigating:

• The proxy I cannot fix, but I have disabled it and that seems to restore functionality.
  • Other servers work, but the server I was testing with was left with its BIOS setup with first boot option HDD, I guess that was causing the trouble.

So, as it stands, it seems to be the Proxy that was broken in the update process.

Could you also look at

/var/snap/maas/common/log/proxy.log

and

/var/snap/maas/common/log/maas.log

to check if is there any log about the proxy that is not restarting?