I’m experiencing some problem with MAAS 2.8.2 and PXE boot.
The box (hp BL460G6) is pretty old, but seems to work correctly with a standard tftp server and a centos 7.7 image.
In this case I used a pure TFTP deploy, no HTTP at all.
In MAAS this seems to be difficult, at least for me.
Here’s what I noticed:
- standard PXE boot implies HTTP after a couple of TFTP transaction, everything get stuck at a random point after few seconds.
- looking in /var/lib/maas/boot-resources/current it seems that pxelinux.0 is never used because of sylink to lpxelinux.0 [xenial and bionic beaver]
- changing the symlink to point both to pxelinux.0 causes that ldlinux.c32 is not available in pXE boot.
- it’s not clear how to have a clear tftp server log even with rackd in debug mode.
So here’s my question:
- is there a way to force legacy PXE boot in maas, NO HTTP involved ?
- how I can enable the TFTP server log, it looks like a part of rackd
Found these bugs:
This stuff is really similar to my problem… but looks like there’s no solution yet.
Any help will be really appreciated.