OFED driver install failed

Hello guys,
After a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 deployment with maas, we can’t install Mellanox OFED driver, each time it hangs on the package srptools and is stuck with the related daemon.
Here are the logs :

Installing srptools-50mlnx1...
Failed to install srptools DEB
Collecting debug info...
See /tmp/MLNX_OFED_LINUX.3768.logs/srptools.debinstall.log
/usr/bin/dpkg -i --force-confmiss /mnt/ofed/DEBS/UPSTREAM_LIBS/srptools_50mlnx1-1.50218_amd64.deb
Selecting previously unselected package srptools.
(Reading database ... 87507 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../srptools_50mlnx1-1.50218_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking srptools (50mlnx1-1.50218) ...
Setting up srptools (50mlnx1-1.50218) ...
Configuration file '/etc/default/srptools', does not exist on system.
Installing new config file as you requested.
Configuration file '/etc/init.d/srptools', does not exist on system.
Configuration file '/etc/rdma/modules/srp_daemon.conf', does not exist on system.
Configuration file '/etc/srp_daemon.conf', does not exist on system.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/remote-fs-pre.target.wants/srp_daemon.service -> /lib/systemd/system/srp_daemon.service.
A dependency job for srp_daemon.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.
A dependency job for srp_daemon.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript srptools, action "start" failed.
* srp_daemon.service - Daemon that discovers and logs in to SRP target systems
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/srp_daemon.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:srp_daemon
           file:/etc/srp_daemon.conf
Jun 22 20:11:08 dc1-8gpu-62 systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Daemon that discovers and logs in to SRP target systems.
Jun 22 20:11:08 dc1-8gpu-62 systemd[1]: srp_daemon.service: Job srp_daemon.service/start failed with result 'dependency'.
Jun 22 20:23:10 dc1-8gpu-62 systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Daemon that discovers and logs in to SRP target systems.
Jun 22 20:23:10 dc1-8gpu-62 systemd[1]: srp_daemon.service: Job srp_daemon.service/start failed with result 'dependency'.
dpkg: error processing package srptools (--install):
 installed srptools package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-21) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10.41) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.3-2ubuntu0.1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 srptools

Do you know how this could be related to Maas ?
To fix this we have to reboot the server and try again, some times we need to use rmmod ib_srp

@ludww, what version of MAAS are you using?

I’m using Maas 2.6.1
This morning I was able to install the driver after a depoyment on an other type of server, this would mean my issue is not related to Maas but to the server model itself.

@ludww, glad to hear you found it; sorry you’re still having problems. let me know if i can help.