Management Access from MaaS WEB GUI

Hello Everyone,

I hope you’re doing fine.

I am wondering what whould be the efforts to have, maybe under the machine pane, so after having selected a machine, some kind of clickable, that would automagically connect to BMC, or any other king of management system configured under MaaS, which shall display directly under the MaaS WEB GUI, using the MaaS provisionned crendentials during commissioning, so then, without the need for the users to know thoses credentials, and so without the need for the users to be connected to the correct network.

Also, maybe more easy at first, another clickable, that would open, also directly in the MaaS WEB GUI, a ssh session for *NIX, or a SOL or a VNC, without the need for the users to know the credentials and also without the need for the users to be connected to the correct network.

Security still covered by the habilitation level of the user that would connect to the MaaS and their respective ownership of machines.

Thanks in advance,
Have a nice day,
Best Regards,
Mickaël.

Hey @mkl1,

Thank you for your suggestion! Just to double check if my understanding is correct, are you referring to the ability to get a console for a specific deployed machine? I have in my mind the kubernetes equivalent - i.e. the pod shell feature - you can find some screenshots here https://github.com/kubernetes/dashboard/issues/1345 .

Hello r00ta,

I thinks this is it.

But I though some ssh web client / display already exists, and developments, at least for MaaS, would just have been to add a clickable, which, in turn open a connection to the machine using this client.

For BMC (or x) web management access, under some MaaS web pane, and BMC (or x) SOL, it may be a little more tricky.

Nice day,
Mickaël.