Maas snap install

First it is to say that snap is obviously the utmost scrap I have ever seen. Just getting accustomed to systemd snap jeopardizes it all.

Next
the 21 minutes to get snapped by maas got stuck at 64 hrs by now as maas seems to be ancient technology relying on the stone age VM technology which gives me:

root@sbc7:/etc# multipass launch 22.04
[2023-03-14T14:56:00.805] [error] [lxd request] Operation completed with error: (400) Failed to run: forklimits limit=memlock:unlimited:unlimited fd=3 – /snap/lxd/24487/bin/qemu-system-aarch64 -S -name earthy-burbot -uuid a57b7bd3-2054-431d-b568-47bbd70f1ef5 -daemonize -cpu host -nographic -serial chardev:console -nodefaults -no-user-config -sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=allow,spawn=allow,resourcecontrol=deny -readconfig /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/logs/multipass_earthy-burbot/qemu.conf -spice unix=on,disable-ticketing=on,addr=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/logs/multipass_earthy-burbot/qemu.spice -pidfile /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/logs/multipass_earthy-burbot/qemu.pid -D /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/logs/multipass_earthy-burbot/qemu.log -smbios type=2,manufacturer=Canonical Ltd.,product=LXD -runas lxd: : Process exited with non-zero value 1
launch failed: Operation completed with error: (400) Failed to run: forklimits limit=memlock:unlimited:unlimited fd=3 – /snap/lxd/24487/bin/qemu-system-aarch64 -S -name earthy-burbot -uuid a57b7bd3-2054-431d-b568-47bbd70f1ef5 -daemonize -cpu host -nographic -serial chardev:console -nodefaults -no-user-config -sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=allow,spawn=allow,resourcecontrol=deny -readconfig /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/logs/multipass_earthy-burbot/qemu.conf -spice unix=on,disable-ticketing=on,addr=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/logs/multipass_earthy-burbot/qemu.spice -pidfile /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/logs/multipass_earthy-burbot/qemu.pid -D /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/logs/multipass_earthy-burbot/qemu.log -smbios type=2,manufacturer=Canonical Ltd.,product=LXD -runas lxd: : Process exited with non-zero value 1

And I learned that maas does not install LXD VM support by default which is the next unbelievable thing to me.

So folks it is easy going… I skip this scrap!