- I have been trying unsuccessfully to find detailed instructions on how to setup and use MASS with an existing dhcp server.
- I have installed MAAS and everything looks okay. I am able to connect with the web interface and the MAAS server is able to see the devices in the network.
- I tried adding the reserved ip range as it says in the instructions under How to configure external DHCP.
- When I try booting a machine on the network with network boot/pxe boot it says ‘no media found’ and continues on to the rest of the boot process.
- I would like to be able to use MAAS on these machines but am unsure which direction to go as far as getting it working with my current dhcp
- My current dhcp server is the basic server created when you setup an edgerouter 12, the router is connected to a switch which is then connected to my client machines and my machine with MAAS installed on it.
- I would prefer not to have to create vlans.
- Would prefer not to use a dhcp server other then the one on my router.
How might I get MAAS up and running? Would it be possible with a proxydhcp adding the required rules? Would certain dhcp rules need to be enabled/configured in the router? What needs to be done in the MAAS server?