We’re setting up maas behind a FW with no egress to the Internet. This is an interesting thing which is a requirement for this project I’m currently on.
The immediate issues I’ve observed from maas here are:
- ntp is blocked (low risk – fix by setting up internal ntp or open fw to allow ntp)
- this doesn’t block a machine deployment
- apt update during deployment of custom image (high risk)
- this blocks by way of deployed machines timing out while waiting to ignore apt updates.
- attempted to turn off apt updates by editing
curtin_userdataon maas controller. No dice.
- so far, I have not found a way around this yet.
The question I have right now is how to get passed bullet #2. We could set up an internal apt repo, but I’d really like to not have to do that. How do we turn off apt for OS deployment (Ubuntu).