Hello, MAASsters! Welcome to MAAS 2.8, a major update to Canonical’s Metal as a Service – the smartest way to manage bare metal.
This latest release of MAAS offers the following:
LXD-based VM host support (Beta)
- Extends existing libvirt-based VM hosts
- Can be managed without SSH access to the VM host
- Can be remotely access via HTTPS.
- Provides a better API experience
UI performance improvements for the machine listing
- Better handling of long machine lists
- Persistent UI state for groupings
- New grouping options
- Bookmarkable URLs with filter and search parameters
- Many other performance improvements
Support for an external MAAS database for the snap version
- Improves scalability of MAAS
- Database can be located outside the MAAS snap, on localhost or remote server
- Also provided test DB configuration that runs in a separate snap, for POC
There are also lots of bug fixes. See the release notes for all the details.