MAAS 2.7 - UI issues

Hi All,

We are currently performing some acceptance testing on MAAS 2.7 prior to our migration from 2.6 and we’ve hit a couple of issues.

1. The UI often hangs (especially on the machines tab), there can be a wait of 10 seconds before the UI becomes responsive again. Other times the browser will present a dialogue stating the page has become unresponsive. We’ve profiled the machine and it’s not in the slightest bit busy. This is an out of the box config.

2. The system does not deploy the selected OS. We tend to use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 20.04 LTS, and when we select 20.04 to be installed 18.04 is deployed. We have changed to the default OS to ubuntu 20.04 and it still installs 18.04

In general we’ve had a really good experience with 2.7, but the two issues above are holding up our adoption of this version of MAAS.

Best regards,

–J

1 Like

Deploy Dialogue

Machine overview (after pressing deploy machine)

Hi @joolski,

I’m terribly sorry to hear you’re hitting these issues. We’ve been working on improving both of those for the upcoming release of MAAS 2.8 - may I suggest you try out the beta of 2.8 instead of 2.7?

You can install it with:

sudo snap install maas --channel=2.8/beta

And if you hit any issues, we’d love it if you share them either on here or by filing a bug directly.

Best,

Lilyana

Hi Lilyana,

Thanks for the response, we’ll try out the 2.8 beta and give you some feedback.
Is it possible to upgrade an existing 2.7 installation to 2.8 bata ?

Best regards,

–J

Hi Lilyana,

I can confirm that this issue still exists in 2.8.0~rc6 (8553-g.3a24d76d6)

I’m happy to file a ticket, or perform additional testing, please let me know how you’d like me to proceed.

Best regards.

–J

Hi Joolski,

I’m sorry to hear that the bug still exist in the beta version. Please file your bug here. And I’ll pick it up for the UI team.

At the meantime, we’ve released the proper 2.8 version, if you’d like to try and upgrade that through snap:
sudo snap refresh --channel=2.8 maas

Read more

Best,
Amy

Thanks Amy,

I’ve updated to the latest stable 2.8 and the issue still exists. However I’ve completed a little more testing and it appears that the issue only occurs when I select ‘register for KVM’.

If I do not select this the deployment goes ahead with the version of ubuntu I selected, rather than 18.04

Best regards,

–J

Hi @joolski,

This definitely seems like a bug - you should be seeing a warning that KVM hosts can only (for the time being) be deployed as Ubuntu 18.04 and not be able to select both the KVM host option and a different OS from Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks,
Lilyana

Hi @lilyanavidenova,

Thanks for the confirmation, I’ll file a bug for this issue.

Best regards,

–J