How do I get MAAS to deploy 20.04.1 and not 20.04.2?

Hi,
Can I get MAAS to deploy 20.04.1 instead of 20.04.1? I need to test that particular version.

MAAS image configuration shows only the base versions such as 20.04, 21.04 but not the subversions. When I deploy 20.04, the deployed node showed 20.04.2 in response to the command:

ubuntu@newvm:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal

Thanks,
Ram

out of interest why do you want to deploy a specific older minor version?

@cbnorman: There are specific device drivers that are tested and confirmed working well with this minor version. And we need to run a solution on this version. Only with this version, there is support – for now. The next minor versions will be supported in near future, but not right now.

Probably best to upload a custom image then. use the steps at the end here https://maas.io/docs/image-builder#doci

1 Like

Hi,

Was a better solution ever provided for this issue, or is the recommendation still to build a custom image? We have a similar problem in our HPC cluster deployment, specific minor versions are required for driver compatibility.

Thanks,
Ben

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@benhunt, yeah, i think custom image is the way to go. not sure there’s a different solution that works.