Failed to query node's BMC - Device busy while performing power action. MAAS performed several retries. Please wait and try again

Hi,

After commissioning a few machines, this starts to happen:

Failed to query node’s BMC - Device busy while performing power action. MAAS performed several retries. Please wait and try again…

The maas user it sets up is never enabled and I also want to use a dedicated BMC interface instead of the using standard interface. I also mean it activates BMC function on the standard interface with its own dynamic IP. This is not what we want.

I change the IPMI settings manually to the correct fixed IP and it usually works when checking power after updating the configuration. However, after setting up a few machines this error starts to happen. I can not find any logs to read (everything is empty under /snap/maas/current/var/log/ ) and the user, password, and IP are correct and works when accessing via WEB.

Two questions: How to debug this, and how to change the default behavior so it does not enable the BMC on the standard interface. It has already a dedicated interface with a fixed address.

Update: If it is the SSL certificate for the integrated BMC Web console that is the problem. How can I either upload a certificate that MAAS accept or turn of SSL verification on MAAS?

It started to work when I changed this in BMC:
Enable “RMCP+ Cipher Suite3 Configuration for each LAN channel” on the dedicated BMC interface
and
Setting Broad Compability on SSL Cipher.

The SSL certificate is still not valid (out of date) so MAAS seems to accept it as long as the other settings are changed.

Removing the Power MAC that the system sets may also be the solution. It is the MAC of the BMC interface MAAS activates not the dedicated interface that should be used.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.