Double DNS A Record after failed Deployment

Hi,

I am using MAAS v3.3.7 from snap.

I had a machine for which Deployment failed, after some fixes in storage template, the Deployment worked again.

For some reason, now, MAAS dns is holding 2 A records for this machine, the correct one. I guess in the failed deployment some kind of DNS clean up did not take place.

If I look in the DNS tab only the correct A record is listed. But attempting to resolve the machine will bring either IP.

I guess I should be able to re-generate the DNS setup or something.

Has anybody experienced this before? How do I fix DNS?

I looked into the snap /var/snap/maas/current/bind directory and zone.maas and effectively there is a second A record for the offending machine.

I just deleted it by hand and restarted the maas snap. Now it is back to normal.

Seems like a workaround. I never experienced this before despite many misconfigurations/failed deployments.

I have no idea what could have caused it and if there is a better way to fix the problem.

That certainly looks like a failure to cleanup after a failed deploy.

Glad there’s a manual workaround to fix this, but this definitely isn’t desired behaviour

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.