DHCP in HA problems

Hej,

I’ve got a fresh Maas install, separate region, and rack controllers. A ‘group’ of rack controllers consists of two, rd1 and rd2… The plan was to use these in HA to provide DCHP on two vlan/subnets.

When DHCP is configured on the vlan/subnet, with rd1 as primary and rd2 as secondary dhcp. No nodes receive any IP address. Using tcpdump I can see the DHCP requests from the nodes, but no DHCP response. However, I can see that rd2 asks for a lease, and rd1 responds to that request.

When either rd1 or rd2 is set as primary, and the secondary is set as ‘unset’, then IP’s are delivered, and nodes can boot.

Any, idea what’s going on?

BR/Patrik

Hi @pal-arlos ,

what version of MAAS are you using? Do you have ipv6 enabled? if so, see Bug #2027621 “ipv6 addresses in dhcpd.conf” : Bugs : MAAS

Hi @r00ta ,

I’m on 3.3.4, snap install.

rackd1:~$ snap list
Name    Version                  Rev    Tracking       Publisher   Notes
core20  20231123                 2105   latest/stable  canonical✓  base
core22  20231123                 1033   latest/stable  canonical✓  base
lxd     5.0.2-838e1b2            24322  5.0/stable/…   canonical✓  -
maas    3.3.4-13189-g.f88272d1e  28521  3.3/stable     canonical✓  -
snapd   2.60.4                   20290  latest/stable  canonical✓  snapd

This should have been fixed right?

BR/Patrik

Yes it’s fixed, but not released yet. It will be included in 3.3.5, so 3.3.4 does not have it

Hej,

Ok, I see. ETA for 3.3.5, or 3.4/stable, assuming 3.4/stable has the fix.

/Patrik

We are currently investigating a DNS-related bug which is slowing down the releases. We expect to release them in the upcoming weeks

Or well, I was assuming you wanted to use only a stable release. In case you are fine with edge, you can already have it from 3.3/edge

Hej,
I’ll just wait for a stable release of 3.3 or 3.4.
BR/Patrik

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.