Deploy of Centos7 using MAAS 2.8 not working

The server in question works fine for a Ubuntu18.04 install.
But when I try centos7 deploy, I don’t see any errors but looks like after deploy it reboots and never completes the deploy, also am unable to login into it using the ssh key provisoned.
Not sure how to debug.

OK Found the issue:
I had to set the DNS IP in the network used for PXE booting the server (to the maas server IP)
Essentially I did this:
maas admin subnet update 4 dns_servers=192.168.30.1
That resolved the issue and centos installs work now.

Check if you are using xfs filesystem on ‘/’. Centos 7 don’t support xfs filesystem created by ubuntu.

Thanks adolfo94 for your suggestion,
Just checked and it is set to ext4.
Anyhow I don’t see any error during the install. It just seems that it fails to configure the ssh keys and so after the install is done, login to the node fails and so deploy fails.
I can even ping and attempt ssh into the node (after the deploy times out) but login fails, and I assume thats because of the keys.
Any ideas on what else I can try?

Thanks,

-Farhan.

you need to login using the centos user.
example: ssh -i /path/to/maas/key/id_ed25519 centos@my-machine

yeah thats what I have been trying but it prompts me for a password which leads me to believe the ssh key did not get applied correctly.
I use the same key for ubuntu installs and its works fine.
I am looking through the deploy logs and don’t see any issues.

OK Found the issue:
I had to set the DNS IP in the network used for PXE booting the server (to the maas server IP)
Essentially I did this:

maas admin subnet update 4 dns_servers=192.168.30.1

That resolved the issue and centos installs work now.

-Farhan.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.