Commissioning on a separate subnet than the public

I am trying to setup MAAS to do commissioning / building on a separate network than the public subnet the server will be assigned.

Fabric1:
Subnet1: 172.16.1.0/24 (Server network)
Subnet2: 192.168.1.0/24 (Build network)
Rack Controller: 192.168.1.1

For example - I’d like to setup my dynamic PXE range to be 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.200. The MAAS rack controller would have an address on this subnet and be in Fabric1.

When trying to configure MAAS this way, it properly commissions on 192.168.1.x network but I can’t seem to find a way to force it to move to the Subnet2 network for the deployment.

Is there a way to make this work?

Hi there, so to make sure I understand, you have two subnets, one where you desire to enlist and commission the machines, another for the machine once deploy?

If that’s the case, this can be done assuming both networks are configured in MAAS, and the rack controller can be routable for boot resources. Easiest way to do this is for MAAS to either manage both subnets or if the machines have multiple interfaces, use the commissioning subnet to provide boot resources, and the server subnet can be managed in any particular way you desire.

@patrickhampson, did @cgrabowski’s answer help? did you get this figured out?