Apparmor problems

The logs are filled with this:
type=1400 audit(1643794278.046:8455): apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“open” profile=“snap.maas.supervisor” name="/dev/sda" pid=269864 comm=“amd64” requested_mask=“r” denied_mask=“r” fsuid=0 ouid=0
type=1400 audit(1643794278.050:8456): apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“open” profile=“snap.maas.supervisor” name="/dev/sdb" pid=269864 comm=“amd64” requested_mask=“r” denied_mask=“r” fsuid=0 ouid=0

During this, a python and PostgreSQL processes on the region server takes up a lot of CPU and the web portal does not respond.
After a while, it stops this, and the portal works again.
What is it? Is it because of snap, and would apt install be better in that case?

I have seen this issue as well, did you get a solution yet? It appears to be related to snap, as I didn’t see this on the package install version. As a temporary fix I just disabled AppArmor to see if the issue would go away and it did.
Possibly an issue with the maas profile?

Hi, @bjornrun & @billyfelton,

apparmor can produce a lot of annoying, noisy error messages that shouldn’t affect the operation of MAAS. Can you start by providing us with some more information?

We need to know the version and build (and packaging format) that you’re running.

Version / build information

Can you execute snap listmaas at the command line, which will return some lines like those below?

Name  Version                       Rev    Tracking     Publisher   Notes
maas  3.0.0~beta2-9796-g.2182ab55f  13292  latest/edge  canonical✓  -

You can just include that output in your comment here.

Confirm you’re using the UI

You mentioned “Web portal” – can we assume that’s the MAAS Web UI? Please confirm.

Attach log files

Can you please zip up the logfiles you’ve collected (any and all is best), put them in a pastebin, and add the link in your comment here?

Thanks for this. We need more information to try to work out what’s happening here.

snap list maas │
Name Version Rev Tracking Publisher Notes │
maas 3.1.0-10901-g.f1f8f1505 19835 3.1/stable canonical✓ -

maas apparmor problem - Pastebin.com

so what is your correlation between the apparmor & the cpu hogging? timing?