3.0-beta5 Unable to compose machine due to incorrect resources pod

Hi,

I am trying to compose a new lxc container on a fresh host on a fresh maas rack+region server and despite the kvm host reporting that there are resources available I get exception:

CPU overcommit ratio is 1.0 and there are 0 available resources; 1 requested.Memory overcommit ratio is 1.0 and there are 0 available resources; 2048 requested.

both the kvm page and the host machine page in maas report the correct amount or ram and cpu. Searching around I was unable to find anything similar on google or launchpad. I can provide more info or do some more investigation(if helped with direction to look) if anyone is able/interested in follow up on this.

Thanks,
Geoff

Exception from region.log

sockets.protocol: [critical] Error on request (23) pod.compose: Pod unable to compose machine: Unable to compose KVM instance in 'interlagos'. CPU overcommit ratio is 1.0 and there are 0 available resources; 1 requested.Memory overcommit ratio is 1.0 and there are 0 available resources; 2048 requested.
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/asyncioreactor.py", line 267, in run
	    self._asyncioEventloop.run_forever()
	  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/asyncioreactor.py", line 290, in run
	    f(*args, **kwargs)
	  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 501, in errback
	    self._startRunCallbacks(fail)
	  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 568, in _startRunCallbacks
	    self._runCallbacks()
	--- <exception caught here> ---
	  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 654, in _runCallbacks
	    current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
	  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/maasserver/websockets/handlers/pod.py", line 384, in wrap_errors
	    raise PodProblem(
	maasserver.exceptions.PodProblem: Pod unable to compose machine...

I’ve been searching around the database and have not found any instance where cpu and ram is zero. Table maasserver_node looks like it is set to the correct numbers, table maasserver_podhints seems to be set incorrectly but changing the numbers doesn’t seem to effect the commissioning of vm. I’m now trying to track down the code and see how it is set.

I’ve tracked down the immediate cause of this issue to the db table maasserver_bmc having it’s columns set to zero for cores, cpu_speed, and memory. After setting these values manually I was able to commission a lxc vm. I have not determined the reason that these values were not set but it could have to do with having Power configuration of type manual. Not sure about that because I can’t test with another type on this hardware.

It seems you’re hitting https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1925249, which is fixed in RC1 (which will be available soon).

Yes, my issue is fixed on latest RC.
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.