2.8.1~rc1 (8566-g.e2cce5b2f) - Subnet on wrong fabric

Hi,

I’ve been working through testing 2.8, and preparing internal documentation for our rollout of 2.8 and I hit a snag. It’s a bit of an odd one, and I’ve not seen this before, so any advice warmly welcomed.

I have a MAAS server with an internal network which is MAAS managed with DHCP setup as fabric-1 with an CIDR of 10.0.10.0/24. fabric-0 is on my local office lan and is used to WAN access and it’s where I generally access the system from. This is 10.0.0.0/24.

Fabric-0 is associated with an adapter which gets it’s address via DHCP, and I generally lock the IP for my MAAS setups as I don’t want to have to change the maas-url if the address changes, however I managed to forget to do this and had to use maas command line tool and change the address.

I generally just check over the subnets after I do this to make sure things look ok, and I find that 10.0.0.0 has moved to fabric-1.

But that’s ok, I’ll just move it back to the right fabric…

I guess my question, is this a bug ? It’s a tad annoying, but it can clearly be worked around.

–J

Hi @joolski,

This sounds like a bug. I wasn’t able to reproduce this bug on my side, but I would suggest you file it here. So our team can take a look at it. Thank you for sharing this :slight_smile:

As a side note, I already raised the OS version on KVM host selection bug during deployment you shared earlier to the UI team and someone has already took a look at it ;-).

Amy

Hey, @joolski, did you ever file a bug on this? If so, can you send me the bug number? Thanks!

Sorry @billwear, I didn’t file it but I will :slight_smile:

I’m just going over the whole history for the server, as I think I upgraded from 2.7 to 2.8 and then had trouble with the fabrics.

I’ll compile all the info I can and put it into the bug.

BTW loving the improvements in 2.8, you guys have done an amazing job.

Cheers,

–J

1 Like

@joolski, thanks! we’ll try to keep at it!