Esxi autoregistration doesn't work

Hello.

I’m trying to deploy ESXi via MAAS. I set my vCenter credentials in MAAS UI (Settings -> Images -> vmware) and expect that host will be registered in my vCenter automaticaly after deploy. But it doesn’t. In /var/log/maas/log I see:
usage: vcenter [-h] [-c CONFIG] [-s SERVER] [-u USERNAME] [-p PASSWORD] [-D DATACENTER] [-H HOST] [-U ESXI_USERNAME] [-P ESXI_PASSWORD] vcenter: error: the following fields are missing: vc_username, vc_password, vc_server

What I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

@ltrager can you take a look at this?

Having the same issue also on latest MaaS

Even setting the hardcoded values on esxi packer maas image creation something is off:

usage: vcenter [-h] [-c CONFIG] [-s SERVER] [-u USERNAME] [-p PASSWORD]
[-D DATACENTER] [-H HOST] [-U ESXI_USERNAME] [-P ESXI_PASSWORD]
vcenter: error: the following fields are missing: vc_password, vc_username, vc_server
/var/lib/vmware/firstboot/001.firstboot_001: line 81: --server=vcenter.XXXXX: not found
vcenter: error: the following fields are missing: vc_server, vc_username, vc_password
/var/lib/vmware/firstboot/001.firstboot_001: line 81: --server=vcenter.XXXXX: not found
vcenter: error: the following fields are missing: vc_password, vc_server, vc_username
vcenter: error: the following fields are missing: vc_server, vc_password, vc_username
vcenter: error: the following fields are missing: vc_server, vc_username, vc_password

the parameters are passed but there seems to be some issue with the variables. Maybe the code is waiting for vc_server and we set the variable as server only?

Which version of ESXi are you trying to deploy?

Tried with both 7.0 and 6.5

@jonaspaulo, can you create a bug for this? it might not be, but something looks strange here.