bootstrap instance started but did not change to Deployed state: instance “8epqeq” failed to deploy

Hi dear!!!

I’ve already opened a topic here but maybe the issue is on MAAS not on Juju.
This time I’ve used a clear environment on my lab and the VM are composed by:

• 1 VM with u20.04 Maas (ver .2.8.2) + Juju (ver. 2.8.1) both installed via snap
  • 1 VM with u20.04 Juju controller

the issue is present when run that command:

$: juju bootstrap --bootstrap-series=focal maas-cloud maas-cloud-controller --debug

here is it

> juju.cmd.juju.commands bootstrap.go:783 failed to bootstrap model: bootstrap instance started but did not change to Deployed state: instance “8epqeq” failed to deploy

Screenshot from 2020-09-05 23-29-56.png

any idea? thanks a lot.

Hi @riccardo-magrini, have you looked in the MAAS UI to see the failure? If you click on the machine and then hit Events you should see a log.

I also wonder if MAAS had time to download the focal image when you tried bootstrapping? If you click on Images you’ll see some information.

Hi @sparkiegeek

have you looked in the MAAS UI to see the failure?

yes and this is its own events result:

I also wonder if MAAS had time to download the focal image when you tried bootstrapping?

yes, MAAS had completed the download of Focal and synced it with the region

I’ve tried to change the default storage in LVM type

and the result it was that… juju has completed the bootstrap.

tomorrow I want to make another test.

1 Like

Looks like you don’t have internet, pass the proxy manually or edit your cloud file under juju.

So, I’ve destroyed the controller

$: juju destroy-controller

added a new VM on MAAS and without make changes, leaving the default storage, I’ve obtained the same issue as above

20:27:24 ERROR juju.cmd.juju.commands bootstrap.go:783 failed to bootstrap model: bootstrap instance started but did not change to Deployed state: instance “anbhnc” failed to deploy

while changing its storage in LVM the bootstrap has completed all tasks.

At this point I don’t know if that issue is a bug or the VMs have to be set via LVM storage.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.